RSS
Hello, Welcome to The-Ticking-Ticket! Where you get no nonsense, unbiased, honest reviews of your favorite new movies hitting the theaters each week. Check out the archive for your old favorites as well.

Cowboys and Aliens


**    2 out of 5
directed by John Favreau. Written by Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtzman, Damon Lindelof, Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby. Running time: 2 hrs.  Rated PG-13 





“Cowboys and Aliens”, it sounds silly on paper and I thought with the great cast and crew behind this genre meshing film, it would be decent, but I was thoroughly disappointed. The acting is good and the story is likable but only to a certain point. I don’t know why Harrison Ford and Daniel Craig signed on to do this. Don’t get me wrong they both are great. Olivia Wilde also stars as the beautiful and mysterious Ella. Initially, It was enough to pull me in but not enough for me to like this film.  The design of the “daemons” is a pretty original except but at times they reminded me of the Morlocks from “The Time Machine”. Much of the action is pretty simple, there is nothing new here except the Concept, and nothing stood out for me except Daniel Craig’s pouting lips. The one thing I did liked about this film was the character of Doc, played by Sam Rockwell, he pretty much steals every scene he is in.  I think if there is one so-called “big-budget blockbuster” film you can skip this summer, this would be it. I wish I had gone to see “Crazy Stupid Love”. Next time there’s a movie with “Cowboys” and “Aliens” in the title, let’s save it for the DVD. Skip it!

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 THE-TICKING-TICKET. All rights reserved.
Free WordPress Themes Presented by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy
This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates