directed by Joseph Kosinski. Written by Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz. Running time: 125 minutes. Rated PG-13
I vaguely remember the 1982 version of “TRON” but I am familiar with the material and the characters. If you haven’t seen it don’t worry it’s all fleshed out for you in this much awaited sequel. “Tron: Legacy” has a promising beginning and when our protagonist actually enters" the grid" it is really cool. The disk matches and light bike races dazzle, but the film never reaches that awesome moment the audience is waiting for. Its feels like the whole film keeps building up to a very unsatisfying conclusion. There are some great story elements in here which could have been more fleshed out and are worth exploring but the story tellers decided to go towards more of a family friendly route that kids could kind of follow. It’s a Disney film so I guess that’s part of the reason. It is a film that doesn’t quite know who its audience is. It’s trying to satisfy the adults, the kids and the fans but I’m afraid it fails on all counts. There is not enough comedic relief in here and what little it has is lame. There are also some unexplainable things in here which the audience will question while watching the film but it’s not worth loosing brain cells over. Even the one thing I thought would be spectacular was a major disappointment. The 3D in this is not good at all. The visual style of the film offers a promising 3D experience but there is not one scene that stands out as a “Wow” moment. The dialog is trite and the acting is mediocre. Even Oscar winner Jeff Bridges has a difficult time pulling off some of the one liners in the film. The most memorable character in here is “Qurroa”, played by Olivia Wilde, she is wonderful. Another positive note about “Tron” is that is has an awesome soundtrack by Daft Punk, I was nodding my head to it throughout the film. Over all “Tron : Legacy” is somewhat enjoyable but there are way too many good films out right now to recommend it. If you are hyped about watching this, then go see it, you might like it more than I did. After experiencing the awesome, complicated world of “The Matrix” films “Tron: Legacy” just doesn’t cut it. I’d wait for the DVD.








0 comments:
Post a Comment