**** 1/2 4.5 out of 5
directed by Justin Lin. Written by Chris Morgan. Running time: 2 hrs 10mins. Rated PG-13
directed by Justin Lin. Written by Chris Morgan. Running time: 2 hrs 10mins. Rated PG-13
“Fast Five” is hands down the best action film I’ve seen this year. It’s well balanced, and almost the perfect action film. The only negative thing I could point out is the weak dialogue. The action is unparalleled, and there are stunts in this film that I’ve never seen. True, some of the stunts come close to defying the laws of science, but its super fun watching them. The hand to hand combat is just as crazy and hardcore as the car sequences. The storyline is great and all the major players from the past four films are back. They all get their moments of comic humor and action that moves the story forward. This time around, the story takes place in Rio, Brazil and there is everything from “Bourne” style roof hoping to foot and car chases around the city. The ending is suspenseful and intense. There is a sequence where two high speed race cars are dragging a giant money vault through the streets. It’s absurd, but the weight of the money vault is so well portrayed, you really get a sense of how it would be if this were to actually happen. Did I mention this film has got some of the best action sequences, hot girls, and hot cars. To top it off, Vin diesel and The Rock face off, and it is spectacular. Director Justin Lin hits it out of the ball park. I’m a fan! My girlfriend was hesitant to see it, but after it was over, she was telling me that ”it was the most entertaining and satisfying film she’s seen this year…” and she’s watched all the movies I’ve watched. “It was fun, fun, fun.” “Fast Five” is not only the best in the series, but one of the best action films I’ve seen in a long time. GO SEE IT!








0 comments:
Post a Comment